Can’t get the kids to eat their turnips? Try baked turnip fries.
- 6-8 medium white turnips, peeled
- Natural Oil (use olive – it tastes best)
- Sea Salt
- Peel and chop turnip into French-fry-like strips and brush with oil to coat lightly.
- Place on baking sheet and lightly salt with sea salt.
- Bake at 350-375o for 20 minutes or more (depending on how thick you cut strips) until fries are very tender.
- Serve hot and season with salt to taste.
(Recipe Adapted from Return to the Joy of Health, by Zoltan Rona)