Can’t get the kids to eat their turnips? Try baked turnip fries.
- 6-8 medium white turnips, peeled
- Natural Oil (use olive – it tastes best)
- Sea Salt
- Peel and chop turnip into French-fry-like strips and brush with oil to coat lightly.
- Place on baking sheet and lightly salt with sea salt.
- Bake at 350-375o for 20 minutes or more (depending on how thick you cut strips) until fries are very tender.
- Serve hot and season with salt to taste.
(Recipe Adapted from Return to the Joy of Health, by Zoltan Rona)
Apple Berry Salsa With Cinnamon Chips RecipeCinnamon Chips
4 (7") Flour tortillas
1 T granulated sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamonSalsa
2 medium Granny Smith apples
1 cup strawberries, sliced
1 kiwi, peeled and chopped
1 small orange
2 T packed brown sugar
2 T apple jellyDirections
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- For cinnamon chips, lightly spray tortillas with water.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over tortillas.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut each tortilla into 8 wedges; Place in single layer On round baking stone.
- Bake 8-10 min.
- Or until lightly browned and crisp.
- Remove and cool completely.
- For salsa, peel, core, and slice apples.
- Cut apples into quarters and chop with chopper.
- Slice strawberries.
- Chop kiwi.
- Place fruit in bowl.
- Zest orange and juice orange.
- Add orange zest, orange juice, brown Sugar, and apple jelly to fruit mixture, stir gently.
- Serve with cinnamon chips.