Low in fat and packed with vitamin A, this soup will be a perfect start to a welcome spring meal!
- 1 Tablespoon oil (preferably olive)
- 5 cups of carrots, chopped into small pieces
- 1 cup Yukon gold potatoes, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery (2 stalks)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1.5 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth (use organic if possible)
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint
Heat oil over medium heat, add vegetables, ginger and salt. Stir occasionally until just soft (about 5-7 minutes)
Add broth and cover to bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook til veggies are quite tender – about 45 minutes. Cool slightly. Purée soup with blender or hand blender until smooth and return soup to pot and heat on low. Stir in mint and garnish with fresh mint leaves if desired.
Cal.: 82, Protein: 2g, Fat: 2g, Carbs: 14 g, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 5 g.
(Recipe adapted from Woman’s World Magazine)