Leeks are delicious in soups and mixed with other veggies such as green beans.
- 1 tbs. butter
- 2 leeks, use the white and lighter green parts only, cut them into slices (about 2 cups)
- 1.5 lbs. Green beans (use fresh ones, trimmed)
- ¼ cup white wine or low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tbs. Fresh tarragon, chopped
- ½ tsp. each salt and pepper
To same pan or skillet, add green beans, wine ¼ cup water, tarragon, salt and pepper. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally until beans are tender (about 7 minutes). Uncover and cook until water reduces a little – about 1 min. Serve on platter with reserved leek mixture poured over top of beans. Serve with grilled fish or chicken for a light and quick spring meal.
(Recipes adapted from Womans’ World Magazine, 4/12/10)